How to Find Us
After over a year of no public services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to announce that public worship will resume on 26th June at 6pm.
We shall meet for worship at Hope Methodist church. The church is on Oldham Road, Failsworth.
Postcode: M35 9AN
Main entrance: poetic.winner.bronze
Car park entrance: cabin.oath.pine
Although the church is in Failsworth, the nearest tram stop is Hollinwood (Zone 3) on the Oldham/Rochdale line, approximately 15 minutes from Victoria and a little over 10 minutes from Oldham Mumps.
From here, the church is a short walk away (approximately 10 minutes):
- Take the stairs or lift from the platform to ground level.
- (If you alighted on the side travelling towards Oldham, you will need to pass under the bridge.)
- Cross the mini-roundabout on Hudson Street and take the footpath towards Oldham Road (A62). This is the main road that runs parallel to the tramline. (Alternatively, if you wish to avoid the footpath, you can follow Hudson Street to the end and walk around the Guinness Partnership building. This will also bring you to Oldham Road.)
- Turn right into Oldham Road and continue along the same road for a little over 5 minutes.
- You will see the church on your right-hand side.
There is a bus stop directly outside the church. Click here and enter the relevant bus number for route and timetable details.
From Manchester City Centre (From Oldham Street, off Piccadilly)
Bus journeys from Manchester take approximately 20 minutes (subject to traffic).
*From the opposite direction, this journey begins at Oldham Mumps interchange and takes approximately 25 minutes.
+From the opposite direction, this journey begins variously at Saddleworth School and Station Road in Grotton, in both cases passing through Oldham Mumps. Please see the timetable for full details.
Other bus journeys pass close to the church but do not stop directly outside it. Further details will appear here soon.
There is no local railway station. However, Manchester Victoria and Rochdale stations both form interchanges with the Oldham/Rochdale Metrolink line. The tram can be caught to Hollinwood from either station.
For driving directions, please click the blue purple circile with the Cross in the map at the top of this page.
There is a car park at the church for the use of worshippers, accessible from William Street (parallel to Oldham Road).